In recent years, Facebook has become a powerhouse of social media marketing features, making it one of the best places to advertise your business online. With 2.6 billion active users each month alone and 60 million active business pages, it’s the biggest social network in the world. The platform is constantly evolving and upgrading to deliver more effective advertising features, with a focus on small business marketing. Here is a guide to the latest changes and Facebook marketing features from our digital marketing team in Melbourne.
Key New Social Media Marketing Features on Facebook
In recent weeks, you’ve probably noticed a few changes to your Facebook feed and page, including the introduction of Dark Mode and a new newsfeed layout and aesthetic. There are also some great updates for anyone marketing their business on Facebook, which we’ll take a look at now.
- 3D images – You can now publish immersive 3D photos on the platform, giving your marketing content a whole new dimension (literally!) to explore. This can even be done from your smartphone when using it’s portrait mode. When you’re uploading content, post it as a 3D photo and create some real wow-factor for your brand.
- Call to action buttons – Call to actions (CTA) are what incentivise your customer to interact with your brand, and buttons like “Buy Now” or “Subscribe” or “Download Now” are frequently used in other digital marketing applications. Now this feature is available on Facebook ads too! You can edit buttons so they will say exactly what you want, creating a high-impact CTA that makes everything from booking an appointment or making a reservation to purchasing an item or contacting your business incredibly easy.
- Live video – Your brand can now broadcast live video from its business page, something that was reserved purely for personal profile pages in the past. It works exactly the same way, with the added benefit of being able to do test runs and rehearsals to moderate your content, ensuring your brand is putting out the right message in the best way possible.
- Creator Studio – If you do a lot of Facebook marketing as part of your small business marketing strategy, then you are likely familiar with Creator Studio, the program that manages and implements free content and ads for both Facebook and Instagram. This tool has been updated with a few new analytics features, including the ability to highlight loyal followers, and better track content insights for video like average time watches and video retention. There are also improved features to messaging capabilities.
- Pages to watch – Facebook now has a Pages to Watch feature that tracks competitor pages. This is incredibly valuable in small business marketing, where you want a quick and easy way to check up on what the competition is doing and get inspiration for future social media marketing campaigns.
- Export reports – Another useful feature for small business marketing is the newly introduced ability to export all your Facebook analytics data. This is great for social media management, and it’s a pretty effective tool – allowing you to choose your own data ranges for further analysis.
- Watch Party update – Watch Parties are live screenings of pre-recorded videos that you can host on Facebook. This feature has been updates to give you the option on scheduling Watch Parties in advance, so you can market it effectively and ensure as many people are watching and engaging with your content as possible. You can now also replay Watch Parties and comment on Watch Parties live via a new chat function.
Small Business Marketing Made Easy by Our Talented Facebook Marketing Team
Facebook is a perfect platform for small business marketing, as it’s feature-rich and a favourite place to be for your target audience. Our digital marketing and social media marketing team knows exactly how to find your target audience online, develop ad campaigns that excite and engage, and run your Facebook page seamlessly. Contact us today if you’d like to talk about where social media marketing can take your business in 2020.