If you’re new to the world of social media marketing and are getting your business involved to get found online, then it’s time to get to grips with the industry’s language. Like any other industry, it’s filled with jargon, terms and expressions that can seem confusing to anyone not familiar with social media services but it’s essential to stay in the know if you want to get the most from your campaign. Here are some important terms to add to your vocabulary:
- Analytics: This is the practice of gathering and evaluating data from the web to determine patterns of behaviour. By using analytics tools like Google Analytics, social media services specialists can develop useful insights into how to shape your social media marketing campaign, how well they are performing, and where opportunities lie.
- Omnichannel: An omnichannel marketing campaign is one that creates a seamless online presence for your business, reaching customers wherever they’re browsing – on social media platforms, on Google, your website,all across different devices. This is an important element to include in your social media services because customers are likely to use multiple channels to research a topic, product or service – and you want your business to get found online wherever they look.
- Geofencing: This is a type of location-based marketing where you draw a virtual map that determines who sees your marketing content based on where they are located. It’s a great way to ensure that you get found online by locals in your area and can be incorporated into your social media services. This is great for businesses that focus on providing local services or drawing in customers close by with a special promotion.
- User-generated content: As part of your social media marketing strategy, your business will be posting content online, on blogs and social media platforms. This is only one side of the content strategy, however – the other is user-generated content. This is content that is created by fans and customers, and is very high in value for your campaign, like testimonials, reviews, tweets that tag your brand, and so on.
- Chatbots: If you’ve visited a website and had a helpful messaging window pop up in the corner of your screen that allows you to ask questions about products and services, then you’ve encountered a chatbot. They’re great little pieces of tech that are very helpful in terms of providing a high level of customer service – and they’re fully automated, so there’s no strain on your resources.
- CTR and Impressions: These terms came into existence with online ads and are a way of determining the success of an online ad campaign. An impression is simply a viewing of the ad, while a click is when a viewer clicks the ad to move into the sales funnel. The CTR (Click-Through Rate) is the amount of clicks an ad gets, divided by the amount of impressions.
The world of social media marketing is always on the move, evolving to find new and more effective ways of connecting brands with consumers. If you’d like a social media services specialist to assist you in guiding your brand to success and making sure you get found online, our team is ready and waiting to provide you with innovative, affordable services.